100% for 45 days.

Hello there! I've dabbled in raw foods, between 75-85%, for short periods of time. Over the past year, however, I've been eating the most horrific things, and have decided to leap into the deep end of the pool. I've given myself a personal challenge, of 45 days 100% raw.

I stocked up on food, started a blog and asked my friends to cheer me on. I even suffered through paralyzing caffeine withdrawal yesterday.

And so here I am, delving back into the raw food world, trying to psyche myself up. :) Hello everyone!

Comments

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

Congrats on your new found determination. I had the same feeling a couple weeks ago. I had a year period of where I took horrible care of myself as well as a job that consumed 70 hours a week of my time NOT including a two hour a day commute. I also had a new relationship that while he is great and awesome...still caused stress due to just being in a new relationship. Prior to that I took great care of myself..... enjoyed running everyday and eating good. In that time period though I had gained nearly 30 lbs, bad hips and a severed self esteem. I learned a very valuable lesson in past 6 months though and thats that cooked food has a horrible effect on my moods and personality.

It's all about finding the RIGHT motivation to following through with goals and I feel I am finally at that stage in my life where I am making some serious life changes. So good luck with this new determination and dont beat yourself up if you need to take a step back to configure your plan. Sometimes we dont just have the perfect plan right off the back. It take some molding to fit our lives!

Cheers!

• Good luck! I am also coming back to the raw community, mainly for health reasons, perhaps we can cheer each other on.