100% Raw & Surgery

Did anyone have to undergo major surgery under full anesthesia, while 100% Raw for a long time?

I have to (for reconstructive purposes) and I am absolutely mortified....

Thank you for your support.

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

I'm not 100% RAW (about 90% since January), but I've had a few dental surgeries in the past month and both have hit me like a ton of bricks. I was very sick both times I got a procedure done (and I was sick for 2 weeks the first time and a week the second). Headaches and dizzy spells were my main problems. The worst situation was last week when I had an infection in my mouth. I had to go under, but I didn't know the procedure I was getting done. When it was time to leave the office, I staggered out of the office and fell down in the parking lot by my car. I called my mom and slurred all of my speech. She said I sounded totally drunk. My stepdad came and found me by my car and I couldn't even walk. When we got home, he opened the car door for me and I fell out on the street!

I think the anethesia hit me so hard because I stopped taking all my medications since January. My body isn't used to such strong meds so it obviously reacted really negatively to them.

I hope you have a better experience with it!! I wish you a lot of luck and you'll be in my prayers.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I have had three dental surgeries and didn't have the problems that joanna had and I hope that you don't either! I hope your surgery isn't a serious one. My guess is that on raw food the anesthesia is more affective. You may mention that to your surgeon or doctor so that they can plan accordingly.