cayenne with raw food
hi : )
I bought my first pot of cayenne today, I've had it with my afternoon smoothie , evening salad, and just made a midnight snack with it.
i really like it . its very warming , hard to beleive something this hot can be so good for the body.
In my salad I mixed it up with cumin, ginger, oregano , spinach, tomato, avocado , grated carrot & grated courgette , totally awesome mix. So I had two bowls.
And a ginger, cayenne, kiwi & pink grapefruit snack is totally worth a try.
peace : )
Cayenne is great and has alot of benefits, its rich in vitamins A and C also. Good for those who have low stomach acid and poor digestion also.
I'm not entirely sure that's an approved scientific test for determining healthy consumption there. ;)
To be fair, I wouldn't want banana, lettuce, or watermelon in my eyes either.
lol cayenne isnt a toxic plant durian do you have any scientific back up for half the garbage you come out with?
cayenne has a wealth of health benefits.
Ill take the studies on capsaicin/cayenne's health benefits over durian science 101 especially with such scientific analysis as putting cayenne in your eye lol.
I believe I've seen him post some information pertaining to its toxicity before. Nearly every aspect of health/nutrition is debatable and you can nearly always find something that supports your point of view. And people often put forth their beliefs as fact(whether they intend to or not, just happens like with most of peoples beliefs) whether they got them from effectively nowhere, a quick internet search, or heavy research.
Personally, I'll have to disagree with durianrider on this one(until I see more proof otherwise).
And while I'm here, I might as well ask the op a question. I don't really like grapefruit, never have. But I can get it relatively cheap, for citrus($3 for a $5 pound bag), and I'm wondering if the taste is masked well when blended(such as with other fruits and cayenne)?
The only information i can find on the toxicity of cayenne peppers is all from raw food websites claiming the same bogus information such as " you can easily prove to yourself the toxicity level of cayenne peppers by how your body reacts to them"
Much like durians other quote about hot peppers - " that salt, chillies, garlic all impact b12 levels another tidbit of self created bogus which has never been shown anywhere but ends up sticking in the raw community's as users will end up passing it on as fact which is a shame really"
Cayenne is not a CNS stimulant so it doesnt affect the adrenal glands in anyway. Toxic plant stimulant where do you get this stuff? By what action does cayenne whip the adrenal glands into action again like i said its not a CNS stimulant so it doesnt affect the adrenals at all minus nourishing the adrenal glands via its vitamin C content and you tell me and others to read medical text books i think you need schooled on the basics of what a plant/food has stimulant properties for e.g a digestive stimulant in this case and a CNS stimulant actually is.
The only stimulant you should avoid are CNS stimulants which harm the adrenal glands e.g caffiene, theobromine, recreational drugs, nicotine.
You should become a scientist durian with such high tech procedures for determining toxicity levels of plants such as toxicity of the eye LOL. Cayenne is an irritant course its not going to be appreciated in the eye but that doesnt mean its toxic.
I don't know too much about cayenne and alleged toxicity but lemon juice would sting the eyes too! Not heard lemons are toxic.
That is a good analogy greenwood, if it were as simple as sticking things in our eyes to determine the toxicity of said chemical, plant, fruit, herb etc. Then we wouldn't need scientists getting paid masses of money and years of research to come to the conclusion.
It just seems such a silly thought.
Same goes for taste- as our taste buds vary from person to person. And some things in nature don't taste that great but are full of goodn ess and some taste good but are deadly! An example- I read in a fungi book while back that there is an extremely poisonous mushroom that smells, looks and tastes delicious- but 2 days after eating it one is DEAD! It slowly releases toxins that kill the liver.