If I blended 15 unpitted cherries into a smoothie, would I get sick?
I know that cherry pits and apple seeds are somewhat poisonous. With apple seeds, you'll have to eat a whole big load of them. I am unsure how many cherry pits are safe.
Too late to leave the pits out. Just had a smoothie with 15 unpitted cherries in it. I sent the smoothie through a wire screen to make sure there were no tiny chunks in my drink, but this blender is a vitamix, so a good deal of the pits were small enough to go through the screen. I drank my smoothie.
I won't be going to a doctor unless I get sick, and then it will be the ER. But I will not go unless I get sick. Also, I have called the poison control center on another occasion about another matter. They are not worth a crap. All they ever seem to tell people is "go to the ER". If you tell them you swallowed your bubble gum, it's "go to the ER". Calling a doctor's office in these parts would be pretty worthless too.
Googling hasn't unearthed anything conclusive, as yet.
Does anyone have any experience with eating this many cherry pits in one sitting?
Forgot to add, they are not organic cherries.