Kandace OR Ray
Kandace OR Ray
Silly me, but what kind of camera do you both use for these great photos? I”m camera shopping and your quality of pics amazed me.
Love and Healing~~
Here’s a couple tips for the photographers out there, also:
- This maybe goes without saying, but start with a decent camera. It should be at least “3 megapixels” to get really nice photos, but your mileage may vary.
- Use a tripod if you can. You can get really cheap, $20 or less tabletop tripods that help a ton.
- Use good, natural lighting. If I use indoor lights, the food always looks orange. It’s best to take pictures near a big window on an overcast day. Flashes look terrible.
- Try different settings – the “closeup” preset works best for me, especially if I get a few feet away from the food and zoom in. It gives an attractive blur to the background, and makes the food jump out more.
- Keep the backgrounds simple, especially the plate. We’re lucky to have white plates, but any solid colored plates would work well.
- Get up close to your food – zoom in a bit if you have to. It’s better to show the detail and texture than to show the whole dish.
- Take a minute to make the food look pretty. It’s amazing what a sprig of parsley or a slice of orange will do to brighten up a dish!
- For every 15 pictures you take of something, you’ll get one keeper. The slightest bump can ruin a photo, and you can’t tell until you look at them on a computer screen. So take plenty!
And most importantly, have fun with it! Taking pictures of food is surprisingly addictive.
What a wealth of info Kandace and Ray. Greatly appreciated and YES, your photos are the best I have seen so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Much abundance to you two.
BTW, where are you two from? States?
OMG!!! I don’t know where I got the idea but I thought you two were in the UK.
ray for some reason i thought you were in canada
I thought you guys were in the UK also.
wow ray kandace I am looking for a good camera too! I’m going to see how much that Nixon costs. How long have it and doyou think it could last years? Thanks! Great info ray on the picture tips!
kandace, the link you gave me could not be found but is this the camera? Sorry if this seems obsessive.
Okay, this is getting crazy but did you ever have to use the warranty? I just think I found the right camera, don’t want to get that wrong. :)