What is 80/10/10?

kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I suppose the title says it all, but what is 80/10/10? I’ve seen this used in a couple raw forums, etc and am not sure what it refers to. Perhaps I’m a bit behind on these things – I just finally figured out that SAD is standard american diet. I thought it meant sick and dead. Go figure!

Comments

• I kept seeing this and finally had to ask someone myself. I still don’t know much about it, but it doesn’t seem right for me (as it seems to only make since if you were really active, but maybe I’m wrong) right now. This is the website by the guy who came up with it “Dr.” Graham: http://www.foodnsport.com

On that site its explained: “The 80/10/10 Diet” or “The 811 Diet.” The numbers refer to the percentage of calories that are ideally obtained daily from the three food elements: carbohydrates, protein, and fat. Put another way, 80% of your calories will come from simple carbohydrates, 10% from protein, and 10% from fat. So in a 2000 calorie per day diet, 1600 calories will come from carbohydrates, 200 from protein, and 200 from fat. This works out naturally if 90 – 95% of your calories come from sweet fruit, 2-6% from leafy greens, vegetables and non-sweet fruits, and 0 – 8% from nuts and seeds. This is generally accomplished with two or three large fruit meals during the day with a large salad in the evening.