On my quest to develop the perfect cracker upon which to spread raw almond butter,
I figured, why not just use almonds? To optimize digestion, I try to avoid using more than one source of fat at a time in a recipe, or combining fats with sweets. So this is my attempt to enjoy almonds without any added sweetners. It has a warm autumnal taste without being heavy.
1 cup almonds, soaked 12 hours
½ cup rejuvelac
1 cup buckwheat groats, sprouted
½ teaspoon sea salt
¾ teaspoon ground vanilla bean or vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon fresh ground cloves, (grind in coffee grinder)
1 dash fresh grated nutmeg
zest of one organic orange
- Soaked and sprouted almonds
- Soaked and sprouted buckwheat
1. Process almonds and buckwheat with rejuvelac until smooth.
2. Mix in nutmeg, cloves, salt, vanilla.
3. Spoon onto teflex sheet, flatten into a 8”x10” rectangle with a spatula and score (4 lines one way, 5 lines the other or however you like) with a butter knife.
4. Sprinkle orange zest evenly over of ready-to-dehydrate bread.
5. Dehydrate for about 20 hours or until desired consistency is attained.