Vanilla Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream
I was inspired to create this raw, non-dairy Strawberry Swirl ice cream recipe on a rare and beautiful 60° day this March. I drove to Stanley’s Fruit & Veggie Market with the windows down and tunes blazing on the stereo. Magicalness indeed. In typical ChiTown style, the next few days were cold and rainy (oh, Chicago, I still love you). So, for the next few months I will have the memories of making this Strawberry Swirl ice cream with the breeze blowing through an open balcony door with sun dancing around the kitchen...you’ll be able to taste the sunshine in this recipe, promise. Bonus: You don’t need an ice cream maker!
For full recipe with more step-by-step photos visit:
What you need for: VANILLA ICE CREAM
2 cups fresh raw vanilla almond milk (see my recipe: http://inspiredbyeverything.blogspot.com/2009/03/raw-style-vanil... )
1/3 cup raw agave nectar (light color if available)
1 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp raw coconut oil
1/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt (can use regular Sea Salt instead)
2 1/2 cups of fresh young coconut meat (approx 3 young coconuts)
*How do you open a young coconut? Scroll down on this link: http://inspiredbyeverything.blogspot.com/2009/02/raw-style-banan... 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What you need for: Strawberry Swirl Sauce
15-20 organic strawberries
A pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt (can use regular Sea Salt instead)
3 tbsp raw honey
Let's get started: VANILLA ICE CREAM
1. Put all vanilla ice cream ingredients in the blender and blend for 3 minutes. You want to blend it for a while to bring it to the creamy consistency that an ice cream maker would create.
2. Once properly blended, pour mixture into a deep dish, cover it and place in the freezer while you make your strawberry swirl sauce (Don’t let ice cream freeze yet. You just want to chill it).
Let's get started: STRAWBERRY SWIRL SAUCE
1. Rinse your berries.
2. Select 3-4 of the prettiest strawberries and chop them into small pieces and set aside. Take remaining berries and strawberry swirl sauce ingredients and blend until liquified. Spoon chopped strawberry pieces into blended strawberry liquid and gently stir with a spoon.
3. Viola! You now have strawberry swirl sauce. Transfer the sauce to a container or tiny pitcher (a container for creamer works well) that makes it easy to pour.
See what I mean: http://inspiredbyeverything.blogspot.com/2009/03/raw-style-vanil... 
CREATING THE SWIRL ICE CREAM
1. Remove vanilla ice cream from freezer and carefully pour strawberry swirl sauce in a—you guessed it—swirly pattern into your vanilla ice cream mixture. Cover your container, place in freezer and once your creation is frozen, go to town.
2. Psst! Share with friends, they will love you for it.