I was trying to create the roll-up lasagna posted on this website, but with a white ricotta-like filling. My zucchini was ripe but a bit hard to roll it up. It always ended craking. I thought that maybe I would have to soak it first, but I did not have time to soak it, so I came up with this layer lasagna using my ricotta recipe posted on this website, and the Marinara Sauce recipe posted by another member.
1 long zucchini. Mine was very long, so I cut it to a length of 8 inches.
½ of the marinara Sauce recipe on this website
1 full recipe of the Ricotta Filling recipe on this website
1. Cut the zucchini as fine as possible lengthwise. You will need 3 long pieces,which will server as the lasagna sheets.
2. In a flat plate, place one zucchini sheet.
3. With a tablespoon, cover (top) zucchini sheet first with ricotta filling.
4. On top of the ricotta filling, and with a tablespoon, fill with marinara sauce.
5. Place another zucchini sheet on top of marinara sauce.
6. Repeat step 3 and 4.
7. Place the third zucchini sheet on top of marinara sauce.
8. By now, in my case, my ricotta filling was finished. I still have Marinara Sauce. So, I spread the rest of the marinara sauce on top of the third zucchini layer.
9. Top lasagna with zucchini pieces or schredded pieces (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup).
Note about the Marinara Sauce:
I just realized that half of the fresh tomatoes of the Marinara SAuce recipe is 4.5, but I only used 2 very big tomatoes in the sauce when blending. The sauce was perfect, not runny, thick with chucks of tomatoes. I added two olives to the sauces when blending.