Delightful Coconut Fudge Bars
I love these bars because I can make them and then store them in the freezer. They are smooth and creamy. Wonderful with fresh fruit, such as raspberries, or as the basis for a brownie sundae.
This recipe is based on a in RAWVolution – I cut down a bit on the agave and added the coconut oil and coconut water for a smooth consistency. This creates a bit richer fudge that is not quite as sweet.
3 cup raw walnuts, can use dry or walnuts that have been soaked overnight
2 cup shredded coconut
½ cup carob powder
½ cup agave nectar, or to taste
¼ cup coconut oil/butter, or to taste (for creamy consistency)
¼ cup coconut water, for consistency, if desired
- In a large bowl, mix shredded coconut and carob poder.
- In a food processor, grind walnuts until they are creamy.
- Add walnuts, agave and coconut oil to the coconut/carob mixture and mix well.
- Place mixture in flat, glass dish and cover. Place in freezer for at least an hour before serving.
- To serve, cut out brownie-sized pieces and eat right away.
- Store in freezer.