Marinated Arame Delight
Recipe by Rita Romano
This slaw is very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Thiamin, Folate, Phosphorus, Copper and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K. My boyfriend said it was seasoned like sausage. I accidentally added twice as much cayenne as required, and I put in a LOT more fennel seed. so feel free to take liberties with these two.
1/2 head, medium Cabbage, raw
1 clove Garlic, raw
1 lemon yield's juice, raw
1/2 medium red Onion, raw
1 Parsnip, raw
1/4 cup arame Seaweed, dry
4 ounces tahini
1/2 tsp, whole fennel seed
1. soak arame in water for 10 minutes.
2. clean and shred the cabbage, onion, and parsnip.
3. marinate in Bragg's for 1/2 hour.
5. blend garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and as much or as little water as desired to make a creamy dressing.
6. combine all ingredients, mix well, and serve. *rinse vegetables to remove excess braggs for a less salty taste. (recommended)