Raw Christmas Bar/Cake
I’ve never had a Christmas cake in my life and wanted to make one for Christmas to take into work, and what better way to turn people onto raw food than through cakes.
Thia recipe will work well as a cake or bar.
Sorry about the photo it was the best I could do with as all of the other cakes where eaten as soon as they came out of the dehydrator.
1 cup Walnuts
1 cup Macadamia nuts
½ cup Dates, Soaked
¼ cup Agave Nectar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Mixed Spice
1 tablespoon Raw Chocolate Powder
1 teaspoon Orange Zest
1 cup Mixed Dried Fruit
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Place the nuts in a food processor and blend till they are smooth.
- Add the soaked dates, Agave nectar and blend till the mixture is combined.
- Place the nut and date mixture into a bowl and mix in all the dry ingredients and add the vanilla extract and orange zest.
- Finally mix through the dried fruits.
- Shape the mix into bars or Christmas pudding shapes (I use a ice-cream scoop to do this) then place on a Teflon sheet and put into the dehydrator for 12 hours turning once about half way through.
- The cake/bar should be firm but still tacky inside.