1 cup Raw Buckwheat Groats
1. If you have a large jar, put all the buckwheat into one jar. If it fills it more than half way you may want to split it into 2 jars because it is going to expand. You can also use a sprouter.
2. Cover with water and shake around a little
3. Put thin towel or stocking over top of jar and secure with a rubber band. This will allow you to rinse the sprouts easily. See picture.
4. Soak for 4 hours
5. Drain water out, rinse, and lay jar on side in dark place. I put mine in the cabinet.
6. Rinse and drain 2 times/day for 2 days (until they sprout little tails)
7. Dehydrate or use them for anything, bread, crackers, cookies, on a salad, sandwich, pizza, etc.
8. If you dehydrate them you can sprinkle them on raw yogurt or ice cream or salads, etc.
To learn all about sprouts and sprouting go to http://www.living-foods.com/articles/sprouting.html