Superfood "Biscuit" Cake
This is an amazing healthy superfood "biscuit" type cake recipe. Its a lovely biscuity base that can be used as part of other cakes or is great on its own like. Low in fat so for those out there who like to keep there fat intake low this recipe will appeal. The maca that is added is also great for supporting the endocrine system and balancing hormones. I like to add adaptogenic herbs such as maca to my recipes as they in my opinion are one of the most important classes of herbs in nature and support/normalize all body functions.
The recipe ingredients below make around 3 average sized cakes, you will obviously need to double up certain ingredients if you are wanting to make for more. The only issue with these cakes is they have to be eaten at the right temperature, i.e if you leave them out too long at room temperature they turn into a mousse type consistency which can also be nice. Personally i leave them in the freezer and when ready to eat let them sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes, this is sort of like an ice cream type cake. Very yummy:) and would satisfies even those with hardcore sweet tooth whilst being healthy treat.
For more recipes like the above please visit Vegan Kingdom
* 2 Cups Of Raw Vegan Milk - Rice, Almond Milk etc
* 1 Cup Organic Lucuma Powder
* 2 Cups Organic Mesquite Powder
* 1-2 Teaspoon Organic Maca Powder Or To Taste
* Pinch Of Himalayan Salt
1. Prepare the powder mixture with the recipe above and mix in a bowl.
2. Once superfood powder mixture is thoroughly blended add your vegan milk of choice.
3. Stir mixture well until you have a mealy biscuit type consistency.
4. Transfer this mixture into moulds of your choice, and if you wish you can add raw dried fruit of your choice such as goji or incan berries.
5. Stick these in the freezer for an hour or so and they will have set properly. Leave out at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
6. Your raw cakes are now ready. ENJOY:)