When I get home from work, feeling tired and would like to have something light, and easy to make, because I'm very hungry. THis is ready in three minutes. My kids like it very much.
I have been really into green smoothies the past few days. Here's one that I am particularly fond of:
Delicious raw fridge flapjacks (not the pancakes- the muesli-bar type ones) - easy to make and great for convenient high energy breakfasts and snacks.
by Elysa Markowitz
* It's just like store frozen concentrated juice except it's raw & way more flavorful
* this mehtod separates the syrup from the water. (ice water stays frozen & the concentrate drips out)
* acts as both sweetner & flavoring in dressing & dessert recipes.
* fast food & handy for unexpected company
* saves freezer space
* makes lovely popsicles
* preserves bulk produce for winter
* easy for kids to make & impress their freinds (mine did) .
* gives intense taste to carbonated water
* use as a syrup .
* also works with tomato, carrot or other veg. juices
* the intense sweeness of concentrates cuts down / eliminates need for other sweetners / dried fruit
* my plan for next winter is to have frozen mango juice & grape/ fruit punch/cherry/ watermello/peach,/pineapple/raspberry/appl/strawberry juices.