* It's just like store frozen concentrated juice except it's raw & way more flavorful
* this mehtod separates the syrup from the water. (ice water stays frozen & the concentrate drips out)
* acts as both sweetner & flavoring in dressing & dessert recipes.
* fast food & handy for unexpected company
* saves freezer space
* makes lovely popsicles
* preserves bulk produce for winter
* easy for kids to make & impress their freinds (mine did) .
* gives intense taste to carbonated water
* use as a syrup .
* also works with tomato, carrot or other veg. juices
* the intense sweeness of concentrates cuts down / eliminates need for other sweetners / dried fruit
* my plan for next winter is to have frozen mango juice & grape/ fruit punch/cherry/ watermello/peach,/pineapple/raspberry/appl/strawberry juices.
I adapted this from an old (80s) vegan cookbook. I have adapted it to be almost fully raw. This has a great flavor and is a good way to get more nuts in to your diet.
(cheese shown on flax crackers before dehydration)
Submitted by emilyjayne on March 24, 2009 - 9:20am
Here's an easy, yummy raw flan for you all.I was inspired by Matthew Kenney - hard not to be! You could use the base as tofu or ricotta (omit the vanilla) or as ice cream (add 1/2 cup agave to base and freeze.) Spread a little ricotta (no vanilla) on raw onion bread, fresh tomato sauce and a chiffinade of fresh basil for a yummo pizza.