* It's just like store frozen concentrated juice except it's raw & way more flavorful
* this mehtod separates the syrup from the water. (ice water stays frozen & the concentrate drips out)
* acts as both sweetner & flavoring in dressing & dessert recipes.
* fast food & handy for unexpected company
* saves freezer space
* makes lovely popsicles
* preserves bulk produce for winter
* easy for kids to make & impress their freinds (mine did) .
* gives intense taste to carbonated water
* use as a syrup .
* also works with tomato, carrot or other veg. juices
* the intense sweeness of concentrates cuts down / eliminates need for other sweetners / dried fruit
* my plan for next winter is to have frozen mango juice & grape/ fruit punch/cherry/ watermello/peach,/pineapple/raspberry/appl/strawberry juices.
I was raised on sweets. My grandparents had a colossal candy cabinet and bowls of colorful sugary goodness all over the house. It's almost part of my DNA, the sweets. So even though I have shifted into a greater awareness of what I put into my body, there is no need to ignore my pal, Mr. Sweet Tooth. I have played around with many recipes and have finally Frankensteined the tastiest Banana Pudding Parfait (cue the lightning bolt). This recipe incorporates all natural, enzyme-rich ingredients that your body wants, including natural sugars, so take any guilt and kick it out the door.
There are three main components to this recipe:
Crumble Topping, Vanilla Whipped Cream and Banana Pudding. The Vanilla Whipped Cream is optional, but super delicious if you are up for opening a young coconut, which is easier than it sounds.
This is an incredible ketchup or BQ sauce, or a sauce for wraps or raw sushi rolls…I make it ALL the time and just love it! Definitely one of my favourites! Non-raw people just love this too…it’s really amazing because the texture gets just like ketchup if you make it thicker, and thinner, it’s a wonderful dressing! I love versitality.
Not completely raw, but a good source of B vitamins.
Adding more cashews makes it more solid & creamier, adding more yeast flakes makes it drier & more ‘cheesy’. If you want to use soaked cashews, it’d be best to dehydrate them before using in this recipe.