Submitted by carrothuff on April 14, 2009 - 9:23am
This was something I came up with in trying to find a sweet snack that was low fat, quick and easy. After getting it just right, I offered samples to the meat eating men in the house and they all said it tasted just like caramel apples! They were right. It was gone in about 5 minutes. You may have to play with it to get the consistency you want.
Salt and vinegar potato chips. A variation on Rawkidchef's "potato cakes" recipe. You could also try this with sweet potato. I am interested to try it with yuca but don't know how well that would work with the spiral slicer... Makes a great crunchy, salty snack.
* It's just like store frozen concentrated juice except it's raw & way more flavorful
* this mehtod separates the syrup from the water. (ice water stays frozen & the concentrate drips out)
* acts as both sweetner & flavoring in dressing & dessert recipes.
* fast food & handy for unexpected company
* saves freezer space
* makes lovely popsicles
* preserves bulk produce for winter
* easy for kids to make & impress their freinds (mine did) .
* gives intense taste to carbonated water
* use as a syrup .
* also works with tomato, carrot or other veg. juices
* the intense sweeness of concentrates cuts down / eliminates need for other sweetners / dried fruit
* my plan for next winter is to have frozen mango juice & grape/ fruit punch/cherry/ watermello/peach,/pineapple/raspberry/appl/strawberry juices.