Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The Cost of the Raw Food Lifestyle

2»

Comments

• Aziah – typical day for my kids – whatever ffv (lots of seasonal variety) we have around in whatever amts they want. sometimes whole grain or sprouted bread with nut butters and whole fruit jam. salad. watermelon! smoothies! water, water, water. sometimes yogurt and eggs. pretty simple. the 13 month old is the easiest – she’s on a mono-diet of breastmilk – lucky girl. : )

moth – i love it when my husband fasts – our food bill goes way down! he’s on day 6 of a 40 day fast. yahoo!!

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

Oh I got to thinking last night, I didn’t mention that I don’t always buy organic produce, either. I like to look at the pesticide charts to find out which veggies I really need to get organic (like spinach! aah!) and then if I think I’m ok (bit of an overstatement) with the levels on others I will usually buy them to save money…

But I also pretty much have to only do $20-30 a week right now, I also realized that last night, because we live about 50 miles from the city, so we’re spending an ENORMOUS amount of gas money right now since my dad works there! When we move closer to town hopefully I can spend a bit more and get more organic stuff. :-p