Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Monomeals

2»

Comments

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Ya isn't that weird? I've also been eating a lot of mango lately. I don't know why, but I can eat 3 a day (on top of everything else I eat). I buy frozen mango at Costco, and I just suck on the frozen pieces, it's like a popsicle to me!

I can't wait until I am done work (I'm a teacher, so on Friday) so I can focus more on mono eating. I find it difficult to do at work. first off, because people already think that I eat very healthy a othe nd make constant comments. So eating a bunch of fruit for lunch would make me even more of an outcast. Second, when I eat that much fruit at once I have to go the bathroom a lot, which is not very convenient at work.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Mangoes were a staple for the last few months, but now it's on to locally grown peaches!

Yes, the bathroom thing was very much an issue for me with school for a while. Now my body pretty much knows when it can and cannot go, if ya know what I mean. It's pretty cool...and convenient. :)

• I was just wandering, what do you guys do to get all of your vitamins and minerals, ect. when monomeal-ing?

I feel like monomeal-ing will help, as many of you've said, with bloating and digestion, ect. but I don't want to compromise my health either.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

yo waz iggity iz up, keep eatin dat rizeal shiznit (that was my neighbor) was reading this thread when he abducted my computer.. they are cool people. lol. (he doesn't usually talk that way)

There is nothing wrong with mono-mealing fruit. In fact, it is the ideal way to eat (the simpler your meals, the better your digestion). The vast majority of my meals consist of just one type of fruit. I eat a large variety of produce, but it is spread throughout the year.

Hope that helps,

Swayze

www.fitonraw.com

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

yes in the wilds it would make sense to eat multiple monomeals a day. one would come across a wild persimmon tree or blackberry bush and stuff on that fruit till you're full.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Trina Trivico, I was also worried about lacking certain minerals and vitamins in my diet and my doctor was too, so I went for a blood test and it was PERFECT, no deficiencies at all! So I guess your body gets everything it needs by eating mostly fruit and some vegetables :)

Awesome, AVL! I bet that was a nice confidence booster. :)

Swayze

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

swayze, my doctor doesn't think that my diet is a very healthy one, that it's kind of restrictive, so she was speechless when everything came back normal! I told her "see, you can get everything you need by only eating fruits and vegetables!"...she wasn't too impressed though!

haha, that's awesome. And who knows, maybe it will make her revaluate her own diet and the diet she prescribes to her patients. :)

Swayze

haha. swayze. that would never happen for her doctor. they make too much money prescribing the wrong to keep their patients sick. (imho)

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

AVL...thats so true about Docs! I just ended a juice fast and had my blood tested the day before I started, then went back in a day or two after I stopped...my numbers were better at the 2nd test than the first one, it was great, I thought my doc was gonna choke on his pen cap! When I went in the first time he went on and on about how I was "seriously compromising my health and well-being", he didn't say a whole lot of anything the next visit ;)

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Ha Ha! It 's so funny to see the look on doctors' faces when you tell them that you are raw vegan!

"But where do you get your protein from? And your calcium? You must be deficient in B12?"

Turns out, we are probably healthier than they are!

• AVL, I never really realized before you mentioned it, but melons DO clean me out! I feel like it's been so obvious to me, but then I've just had a, "ohhhhhh riiiight!" sort of moments after reading this thread...

hm.

I like this website so SO much it's almost silly...and my doctor also told me - flat out, no blinking - that I was mad to go this raw-vegan route. I sure showed her.

Haha, that's awesome guys! You know, I'm usually really surprised by how people respond to my diet. Just yesterday I visited one of my farmer's market to see my "tomato guy." He has the most delicious organic heirloom tomatoes and I've been visiting him twice a week all summer.

Anyway, I always get pounds of tomato when I see him and he finally asked what I do with them all. I told him I eat them and so he asked if I was vegetarian. I told him I was a fruitarian (it's just easier to say "I eat all fruit, and some greens" then raw foodist because then they ask about nut cheeses and raw breads and stuff). He said "cool" and gave me a discount. :D

No I'm really tempted to try out my family physician, who I haven't seen in ages. I have a feeling his response won't be so positive...and I highly doubt I'll get any sort of discount. ;)

Swayze

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I tried to get a discount on my health insurance rate a long time ago for eating a plant-based diet and exercising. They didn't offer one. But of course they have a million reasons and health problems to RAISE rates that affect how much I pay.

• Is there anyone out there that believes eating 100% raw isnt working for their body? I LOVE LOVE raw food and believe in it but honestly, my stomach hurts a lot of the time. Maybe I just haven't found those combos that are right for me but my hydrotherapist said that its possible that all the ruffage is too hard on my system. Can anyone help me improve my raw diet because I don't really want to veer away from 100% but I feel uncomfortable a lot. I haven't tried mono-mealing for a whole day so I can do that and I honestly believe my body needs the correct food combos but other than that I'm confused...

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

SA-RAW, I find that eating bananas help with my stomach issues. I guess they kind of bulk up everything. When I went to get colonics, the therapist told me that I wasn't digesting my food properly and that things were coming out the same way they were going in. She told me to eat more foods like grains to hold things together, but I told her that I ate a raw vegan diet and that I didn't eat very much gain-based foods. So she told me to eat more apples and bananas, which have seemed to help.

I don't eat monomeals per say, but I try to limit the variety of food in my meal, focusing on 2 or 3 ingredients. I find that this also helps with digestion and I have less gas and bloating.

I know that I'm not giving you much advice, but I hope it helps a little :)

sa-raw i think you'd have to tell us what you primarily eat so we could try to help you out.

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

Sa-Raw...have you ever tried taking pro-biotics? From my experience in talking with others, this has helped most of them...the one that it didn't help was diagnosed with celiac's...and once he compensated for that, he was fine. I think most stomach issues can be from a lack of digestive enzymes needed to break down foods...or parasites. By improving the health of your "gut" I think the rest of your health is vastly improved! I was having major stomach issues starting in June of this year, especially with fiber...my stomach would HURT and then about 20 minutes later I'd be running to the bathroom. I started taking a good quality pro-biotic, did a parasite cleanse, and started taking a digestive enzyme right before my meals. It has turned my digestion around. Actually I just did a 21 day juice fast first which helped while I was on the fast, but once I started eating solids again...no cooked...it was back to the same eat n' dash routine. Now, its very rare that I have any tummy troubles and when I do, I can pinpoint it back to something I did wrong (like the TWO scoops of Rice Cream I had on my lil bro's b-day!) Anyway, it's just a thought.and I believe our bodies were made to run on fruits n veggies, so if you have a problem digesting those its usually an internal problem rather than what you're eating.

• Hm, I take a probiotic called innate and im not sure if its working but im going to keep taking it anyways! How did you go about your parasite cleanse? Did you just jump right in or did you do other cleanses first like colon, liver, etc....

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

i think reading the 80/10/10 diet could set you straight. perhaps the insoluble fiber is too much if you are eating lots of veggies. fat is difficult for most people to digest. if you are still having trouble after eating mostly monomeals, try blending your bananas and salads if necessary. there's no reason not to feel 100% on a low fat high fruit diet, it just indicates you need to switch something up. eating unripe fruit can also cause difficulties.