An indulgent little dessert for one or more to share!
Pictured: Cocoa Powder Dusted Truffle, Cinnamon Dusted Truffle, Orange Zest Truffle (by far the best!!!), Bee Pollen Dusted Truffle
- Cocoa Powder
- Carob Powder* . . . . Optional; lends a more complex flavour
- Honey . . . . (or Agave or Dates)
- Oil(s) . . . .I used Coconut (for it's thickness and sweetness)
and Olive (to offset Coconut Oil's overpowering and 'cool' flavour)
- SALT . . . (very important!!!)
- Nuts . . . *Optional, I didn't add this time around.
Mix-ins and powders if desired, such as:
Walnuts, Almonds, Cinnamon, Orange Zest, Raspberry, Rosewater, Lavender, Mint, etc.
Add Coconut Oil to pan or bowl. Make sure it is soft enough to fully mix. Add honey, olive oil and salt. Mix until well blended. Add in cocoa and carob powder and mix well. Add enough powders to made a pliable 'dough'. Form into balls and roll into powders such as cocoa or cinnamon. Or, add flavorings to portions of the chocolate mixture, such as orange juice and orange zest, rosewater, or finely minced mint. Or, coat candy mold or mini-muffin pan with oil and press cocoa mixture lightly into mold. Refridgerate. Make sure to place on a pretty dish!!!