This is perhaps my favorite raw recipe. At our house, we eat it at least once a week.
- 2 heads of romains lettuce
- 1 cup of brazil nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- the juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1/2 cup of water
- salt / pepper to taste
- dash of dulse / kelp flakes
The preparation is very simple.
- Clean and chop up the two heads of romaine lettuce and place into a large serving bowl. I strongly recommend you use romaine. Romaine is crunchy, tasty and healthy, all things that make for an enjoyable meal.
- In a blender, combine the cup of brazil nuts, clove of garlic, juice of 1 lemon or lime, and a sprinkle of salt. Add water until the nuts are covered, usually ends up being about half a cup. Then, blend it for about a minute until is a creamy consistency.
- At this point, I grind a touch of black pepper onto the lettuce and sprinkle it with dulse / kelp flakes ( not a lot, you don't want it tasting too fishy ).
- Finally, pour the dressing onto the lettuce and mix thoroughly until its all coated evenly. Serve and enjoy!