I was inspired by many of the recipes on this site, and dreamed up this birthday cake for Matt. It was a huge success!
1 cup Hazelnuts, Better if soaked and dehydrated first
1 tablespoon Coconut oil
1 tablespoon Honey or any sweetener
1 tablespoon Cacao nibs or powder
1 pinch Sea salt
Ice cream layer:
3 Bananas, Freeze completely
1 tablespoon Honey or any sweetener, optional
¼ cup Water, Soak dates until soft
1 Young coconut's meat
1 tablespoon Soaked dates or honey or any sweetener
1. Prepare bottom layer: Blend up hazelnuts until well crumbled. Add rest of the ingredients in and blend until well mixed and ground.
Press mixture into cake pan (about 8’ around).
2. Prepare “ice cream” layer: Just blend bananas and sweetener in food processor until nice and smooth, you may need a little water to get it going (a little coconut water might be nice.)
Spread “ice cream” on hazelnut layer.
3. Prepare caramel: Blend dates with water in food processor or blender until very smooth. Spread on top of “ice cream” layer.
4. Prepare frosting: Just blend up coconut meat and sweetener until very smooth and creamy. I find that my big food processor doesn’t do much for it, but a smaller one reaches those tiny lumps and gets it really smooth.
Spread on top of caramel.
5. Put in freezer for a couple of hours.