This was the first raw cake I presented to my parents when they visited me in August. I was so glad: They were really enthusiastic about it.
2 cups ground almonds
1 cup coconut flakes
about 8 dates, soaked
2 cups dried apricots, soaked
3 tablespoons psyllium husks
4 - 5peaches
mint (peppermint) leaves for decoration
1. For the crust: Blend the soaked dates without the water. Mix the ground almonds and the coconut flakes. Add the date paste to the almond-coconut "flour" and mix it with your hands to form a dough. Press dough into pie pan. Set aside, this allows the dough to get firm.
2. For the apricot layer: Blend the soaked apricots (without the water) with the banana, juice from about 1/2 lemon, and some vanilla. Stir in the psyllium husks. Set aside.
3. Topping: Peel the peaches and cut into slices. Sprinkle with juice from 1/2 lemon.
4. Assembly: Pour apricot puree evenly onto the crust. Put peach slices above. Decorate with mint leaves.
- you can use any kind of nuts instead of the coconut flakes
- you can make the crust the day before, so that it gets firmer during the night
- it tastesgood with cashew-coconut cream (you can see in on the picture)