Raw Zucchini Chips
It is safe to say that raw zucchini chips are the ultimate comfort food. Reminiscent of their not-so-healthy cousins, the potato chips, in terms of crunchiness and flavor, zucchini chips are light, healthful and can easily be consumed at any time of the day as a snack or part of a main meal. I love to snack on these in the morning, before starting work, alongside my usual green smoothie.
More info about the health benefits of this recipe: http://rawfoodhealthwatch.com/raw-vegan-recipes/raw-zucchini-chips/
More raw vegan recipes: http://rawfoodhealthwatch.com/raw-food/raw-vegan-recipes/
- 2 medium sized zucchinis
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallots
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- a dash of cayenne pepper (you can use more if you want the chips to be more spicy)
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- a dash of sea salt
- Slice the zucchini into very thin slices.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into a marinade. Let the zucchini slices sit in the marinade for at least an hour.
- Place zucchinis onto dehydrator trays in single layers and dehydrate until crisp, for about 14 to 16 hours.