Last May I visited Chicago and had the pleasurable experience of dinning at the Chicago Diner. Among many delicious food items (most noteworthy: RAW Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake!) I drank a tantalizing thirst quenching Blueberry Basil Limeade. I have been wanting to re-create this ever since and finally a few days ago I did.
(picture not appearing, available at www.apearlskitchen.blogspot.com)
This recipe is really good and I drink it at least once a day. Most of my non-vegan/vegetarian friends fear this drink, though. That's where the smoothie recipe derives its name, "But it smells like GRASS!" If it is really GREEN, then you know it is GOOD for you!
* It's just like store frozen concentrated juice except it's raw & way more flavorful
* this mehtod separates the syrup from the water. (ice water stays frozen & the concentrate drips out)
* acts as both sweetner & flavoring in dressing & dessert recipes.
* fast food & handy for unexpected company
* saves freezer space
* makes lovely popsicles
* preserves bulk produce for winter
* easy for kids to make & impress their freinds (mine did) .
* gives intense taste to carbonated water
* use as a syrup .
* also works with tomato, carrot or other veg. juices
* the intense sweeness of concentrates cuts down / eliminates need for other sweetners / dried fruit
* my plan for next winter is to have frozen mango juice & grape/ fruit punch/cherry/ watermello/peach,/pineapple/raspberry/appl/strawberry juices.